(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
MARKHAM, ON/ Munich, Germany – June 23, 2003 – In a breakthrough that will deliver true gaming performance to value PC and notebook users, ATI Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: ATYT; TSX: ATY.TO) today unveiled a powerful new family of IGPs (integrated graphics processors), RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP. The competitively-priced, high performance chipsets leverage ATI’s award-winning desktop and mobile technology to deliver better visual effects and up to six times the graphics performance of competing solutions.
RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP redefine integrated graphics by delivering breathtaking graphics performance to value and mainstream PC and notebook PC users – up to six times the performance of the fastest competitors in tests using the industry-standard 3DMark03 benchmark from Futuremark. In a breakthrough for entry-level users, RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP will for the first time enable them to see the spectacular visual effects implemented in the latest games, thanks to the inclusion of advanced programmable pixel shading technology, a first for the chipset industry.
„Dramatic growth in the size of the gaming population, coupled with the increasing complexity of PC games and the increased popularity of value PC systems has created a void where regular and casual gamers want to play the latest games but don’t have the graphics technology to do so,“ said Dr. Jon Peddie, President, Jon Peddie Research, the leading multimedia and graphics market research firm. „This has created a new segmentation in the value category, the entry-level gaming PC. With RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP,“ Peddie added, „ATI is uniquely positioned to offer a cost-effective solution that addresses this problem, and provides business and consumer PC and notebook users with the graphics performance and features they’ve been looking for in the value space.“
„Decent visual quality, sophisticated graphics features, and high performance graphics used to be the exclusive preserve of the high-end PC or notebook user,“ said Philip Eisler, VP and General Manager, Integrated and Mobile Business Unit, ATI Technologies Inc. „With the latest graphics features, including advanced programmable pixel shading technology, massive performance improvements, flexible connectivity, and advanced power management, RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP are bringing the award-winning RADEON graphics experience to everyone.“
Competitively priced, RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP are the perfect choices for OEMs and system integrators designing PCs and notebooks for the mass market. Built for use with Intel’s Pentium® 4, Celeron®, Pentium® 4 Processor-M, and Pentium® M Processor platforms, RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP also provide the hardware support to enable entry-level MCE (Media Center Edition) PCs, and deliver advanced DVD playback features, unique power management capabilities, support for up to three independent displays, and multimedia performance that will raise the bar for both consumer and corporate PC and notebook users.
RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON IGP support a variety of the latest features including:
- AGP 8X support, which allows users to expand their graphics experience with a high performance add-in card such as the award-winning RADEON 9800 Pro;
- Dual-channel 128-bit memory support;
- Flexible graphics frame buffer capability for up to 128MB;
- Up to 400 MHz DDR SDRAM support;
- Advanced DVD playback features including iDCT and motion compensation;
- HYDRAVISION multiple monitor support;
- 10-bit DAC (digital to analog converter) TV-out;
- 16X AF (anisotropic filtering);
- 4X FSAA (full scene anti-aliasing);
- SURROUNDVIEW, a unique feature that expands the internal graphics core of RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP to support up to three independent monitors when using a desktop add-in card, without disabling their internal graphics functionality;
- FULLSTREAM, a feature that uses advanced programmable pixel shading technology to reduce blocky artifacts from streaming video;
- POWERPLAY, ATI’s award-winning power management suite that allows MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP users to manage their notebook’s battery life more efficiently;
- ATI’s unique FLEXFIT architecture, which allows OEMs to lower production; costs by leveraging RADEON IGP’s broad-based pin and driver compatibility across multiple product SKUs.
RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP have been designed to operate alongside ATI’s IXP family of ’southbridge‘ processors, using ATI’s proprietary high-speed A-Link technology. IXP processors offer 3-COM 10/100 Ethernet, remote wake on LAN (local area network), 5.1 channel audio, and a host of other features including Soft Mixed Signal Corporation’s USB 2.0 PHY (physical layer) technology.
RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP will begin shipping this summer.