(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
MILPITAS, Calif., June 23 – Maxtor Corporation (NYSE: MXO), a worldwide leader in hard disk drives, today announced it is shipping the world’s highest capacity ATA hard disk drive available in the retail market. The Maxtor 300GB Hard Drive Retail Kit offers consumers a simple way to expand storage for photos, videos, music and back-up on their PCs or Mac.
The Maxtor 300GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive Retail Kit offers the following:
- 300GB of storage — enough for up to 462 games, 75,000 4-minute MP3 tunes or 300,000 high-resolution digital photos *
- Maxtor’s exclusive Ultra ATA/133 interface – up to 33 percent faster maximum throughput than Ultra ATA/100 **
- Easy installation with step by step instructions
- Complete upgrade kit including MaxBlast(TM) installation software, install guide, Ultra ATA/133 cable and mounting screws
- Maxtor Ultra ATA/133 PCI adapter card for Windows included (a $39.95 value)
„Maxtor continues to build upon its consumer focus and retail presence
with the introduction of a 300GB capacity drive in retail,“ said David
Reinsel, research manager with IDC. „The new kit is an ideal solution for
those who require the capacity and performance required to manage the growing
number and size of their digital files.“
„The 300GB Hard Drive Retail kit offers essential storage needed for
extensive multimedia and digital applications,“ said Anna Jen, senior director
of retail product marketing at Maxtor. „Who would have ever imagined that so
much capacity could be packed into a single, easily accessible, disk drive.“
The Maxtor 300GB Hard Drive Kit is available at retailers nationwide. The MSRP
for the Maxtor 300GB Hard Drive Kit is $399.95.
* Storage estimates are based on the following assumptions: each game is 650MB, each digital photo is a 1MB compressed file, each MP3 file is 4-minutes long, and one hour of DV video is 13GB. A gigabyte (GB) means 1 billion bytes. A megabyte (MB) means 1 million bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment.
** Based on maximum burst transfer rate of Ultra ATA/133 (133MB/sec) interface versus Ultra ATA/100 (100MB/sec).