(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
Munich – October 9, 2003 – ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX: ATY, NASDAQ: ATYT) today announced the release of CATALYST(tm) 3.8, a new unified software suite update that delivers exciting levels of performance, stability and innovation to the RADEON(tm) family of desktop graphics products. The first software suite of its kind to hit the 3D market, CATALYST has set an unprecedented record for updates – with a public commitment of twelve times a year.
„ATI is on a mission to deliver the most stable, performance-driven and feature-rich software possible,“ said Ben Bar-Haim, Vice President, Software, ATI Technologies Inc. „Key industry support and innovative features like ATI OVERDRIVE and VPU RECOVER help us raise the software performance bar, deliver new and exciting experiences to all PC users and further extend ATI’s leadership in the industry.“
„One of the biggest problems with Microsoft® Windows® has been stability and one of the biggest causes of instability, until now, has been graphics drivers,“ said Rob Enderle, President and Principal Analyst, Enderle Group, a firm focused on emerging personal technologies. „ATI’s successful progress in addressing this problem is impressive. The 3.8 version of CATALYST now represents the state-of-the-art in terms of providing a stable, reliable, and feature-rich PC graphics solution“.
The new features of CATALYST 3.8 software suite include:
- ATI’s unique patent pending feature, OVERDRIVE(tm), which will enable RADEON 9800 XT users to safely maximize the performance level of their graphics processor. OVERDRIVE operates by dynamically over-clocking the graphics processor, while always ensuring that it stays at a safe temperature;
- VPU RECOVER, a patent-pending innovative software recovery feature that enables the display driver to gracefully recover from graphics hardware hangs. This feature also offers a direct feedback and bug report mechanism and marks a major step towards crash-proof PCs;
- The introduction of SMARTSHADER(tm) Effects, a feature that delivers high-end shader effects to older games that lack this functionality. Gamers can now experience their favorite games in a totally new visual environment with stunning new shaders such as Inverse-Color, Sketch, Stylized Black & White and ASCII;
- A new sleek re-designed 3D control panel that allows users to create 3D game profiles for their Direct3D and OpenGL® applications. Using profiles, users will no longer have to reconfigure every setting each time they use a different 3D application;
- Dedicated Linux support with aggressive driver releases, six times per year;
- The expansion to ATI’s MULTIMEDIA CENTER(tm) with the addition of a new player application and EAZYLOOK(tm), offers unparalleled value to built by ATI RADEON(tm) and ALL-IN-WONDER(tm) users;
- The introduction of an easy-to-use and intuitive version of HYDRAVISION(tm). With a redesigned user interface, HYDRAVISION Basic Edition will provide users with the essential features required to configure and easily use a multiple display setup.
While ATI is already the industry leader in driver quality, ATI continues to evolve and improve upon previous releases through the use of a comprehensive beta testing program and active feedback from users. For more information on the CATALYST beta testing program please visit: http://www.ati.com/products/catalyst/betatester.html or click on http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/index.asp to submit feedback to ATI regarding CATALYST. The CATALYST 3.8 software suite is available for download today at www.ati.com.