(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
MARKHAM, ON / MUNICH, GERMANY – November 13, 2003 – With industry-leading workstation performance and an exhaustive list of CAD and DCC certified applications, ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX:ATY, NASDAQ:ATYT) today announced that the MOBILITY(tm) FireGL(tm) T2 mobile workstation processor has been chosen by IBM for its Thinkpad R50p and T41p mobile workstations.
ATI’s MOBILITY FireGL T2 raises the bar in the mobile workstation market. For the first time, mobile workstations can deliver stunning graphics performance that rivals many desktop-class workstations. The MOBILITY FireGL T2 delivers the best performance in key industry benchmarks for mobile workstations and delivers lightning-fast geometry processing, realistic rendering, and industry-leading power management capabilities.
„Our customers, consisting of the world’s largest design and engineering firms, are constantly striving to improve the development and creative process with the latest technology,“ said Bill Iori, WW ThinkPad Product Manager. „With the performance, robustness, and flexibility of IBM’s new Thinkpad mobile workstations, engineers and designers can now take their certified application on-site thereby making design decisions early in the process and improving a project’s time to market.“
„The MOBILITY FireGL T2 is proof that professional CAD and DCC users can have desktop workstation performance, in a mobile form-factor offering the flexibility to take design work into the field for analysis, or take design concepts directly to the customer to enhance the collaborative process,“ said Phil Eisler, Vice President and General Manager, Integrated and Mobile Business Unit, ATI Technologies Inc. „The IBM Thinkpad R50p and T41p mobile workstations define a new set of possibilities for mobile workstation-class notebook users in a variety of industries.“
Based on the powerful FGL(tm) 9600 Visual Processing Unit (VPU), the MOBILITY FireGL T2 features the industry’s highest performance mobile workstation solution and widest array of workstation features including:
- Wide array of certifications for leading applications in the CAD and DCC markets
- Proven OpenGL® and DirectX® drivers with support for Windows® and Linux® platforms
- High-speed DDR memory with 128-bit memory interface, and 128MB of video memory integrated onto the chip package, an industry first. This means users will enjoy the ultimate mobile workstation performance but, uniquely, in a thin-and-light notebook form factor
- Hardware accelerated rendering for lightning fast 3D and 2D graphics acceleration
- Complete array of workstation features and functionality including dual monitor support, hardware accelerated anti-aliasing, overlay planes and more, providing superior image quality and productivity
- Maximized battery life and performance with ATI’s POWERPLAY(tm) technology
- POWER-ON-DEMAND – constantly monitors system activity, dynamically adjusting clocks and voltage based on user scenario
- Integrated dual-channel LVDS, with support for QXGA resolutions (2048×1536) with a integrated 165 MHz TMDS transmitter (Digital Flat Panels)