(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
Brussels, October 18th 2005 – Plextor today announces three new internal DVD-ReWriter drives – the PX-750A, PX-760A and PX-760SA. The premium PX-760 series are the World’s fastest DVD-ReWriters to date and include the ATAPI/IDE PX-760A and the Serial ATA PX-760SA. They are both capable of 18x DVD+/-R and 10x DVD+R DL speeds and come with a comprehensive package of high-end features. The PX-750A is a mid-market ‘value’ drive at a competitive price, which is the first Plextor unit to include DVD-RAM capability as well as +/- R (Double/dual layer).
Plextor PX-760 series
The PX-760A and PX-760SA, both of which can burn a single layer disc in just 5,5 and DVD+R DL in 13,5 minutes, are capable of the following DVD write speeds: DVD+/-R – 18x ; DVD+R DL – 10x ; DVD-R DL – 6x ; DVD+RW – 8x ; DVD-RW – 6x; DVD-ROM Read (16x).
Plextor has developed the premium PX-760 series using the company’s proprietary advanced technology to meet the demands of the high-end marketplace. Aimed at enthusiast/professional users who require the ultimate in quality and speed, the PX-760 series comes with the following features:
- AUTOSTRATEGY®: – For the best writing quality, the drive’s enhanced AUTOSTRATEGY technology selects the optimised write strategy for every DVD disc and, if necessary, creates a new write strategy for unknown media. (DVD+/-R)
- Media quality check: To ensure the best results with the drive, this function checks the quality of blank media
- Write strategy creation : Creates a new write strategy for blank media
- PlexEraser: A data destruction utility that makes a recorded CD-R or DVD disc unreadable for increased security
- SecureRecording: The SecureRecording function lets you write on a CD-R disc and protect the data with a password
- Silent mode: If the drive needs to be used in a quiet environment, the drive can be switched to silent mode
- SpeedRead: Enables reading CD-R media up to the maximum speed of the drive
- GigaRec: GigaRec enables you to change the recording capacity of a standard CD-R disc from 70 percent up to 130 percent of its standard capacity
- VariRec: By adjusting the laser power, you can record CD’s to improve the read compatibility
- Q-Check: a diagnostic suite to verify the quality of blank and recorded media
- PoweRec: Intelligent technology to improve the write quality during the write process.
- PlexTools Professional: This software tool offers a complete suite of recording applications and supports your drive’s advanced quality check functions
- PlexTools Professional XL: Based on the basic software code of PlexTools Professional, PlexTools Professional XL offers more features and extra options
- Buffer Underrun Proof Technology: Prevents buffer underrun errors
The PX-750A offers maximum flexibility to users: with multi-format compatibility and improved speed, it is a compelling, cost-effective option. As a result, it does not come with the extra features listed above, except Buffer Underrun Proof Technology which is standard on Plextor drives. It is capable of the following DVD write speeds: 8x DVD+/-R DL; 16x DVD+/-R; 5x DVD-RAM Re-Writing.
Availability, Pricing and Warranty
The Plextor PX-750A, PX-760A and PX-760SA will all be available from November 2005 at Plextor’s network of dealers.
The recommended retail prices will be (excl. VAT & taxes):
- PX-750A: 65 €;
- PX-760A: 110 €;
- PX-760SA 115 €
They are covered by Plextor’s Fast Warranty Service (2-year warranty in the EU, Norway and Switzerland (Collect & Return); other countries 1-year carry-in). A comprehensive range of full and trial software is included from: Plextor (PlexTools Professional & PlexTools Professional XL), Cyberlink, Nero, Pinnacle and Sonic.
Customized drives based on specific needs such as industrial use can be requested.
Features and specifications