(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
Brussels, December 2005 – Plextor today announces 2 new DVD-ReWriter drives; the company’s first portable DVD recorder drive, the PX-608U and the internal PX-755A Premium drive. Reflecting the consumer trend for highly portable and stylish units, the PX-608U comes in an attractive silver design and is one of the slimmest and lightest drives on the market – now laptop users can choose Plextor.
As well as extending Plextor’s optical product line of internal and external DVD writers, the PX-608U complements Plextor’s latest range of stylish, silver portable hard disk drives. The high performance PX-608U is not only compact, measuring just 22.2 mm thick, but it offers double layer DVD+/- writing, multi-format DVD-RAM capability and high-speed USB 2.0 data transfer. It is capable of the following DVD speeds: 4x DVD+/-R DL; 8x DVD+/-R; 8x DVD+RW; 6x DVD-RW and 5x DVD-RAM.
The PX-755A, which can burn a single layer disc in about 6 minutes (and DL in about 14 minutes), is capable of the following DVD speeds: 16x DVD+/-R write; 10x DVD+R DL; 6x DVD-R DL ; 8x DVD+RW; 6x DVD-RW; 16x DVD-ROM.
Plextor has developed the Premium PX-755A using the company’s proprietary advanced technology to meet the demands of the high-end marketplace. Aimed at enthusiast/professional users, the PX-755A comes with the following features:
- AUTOSTRATEGY : – For the best writing quality, the drive’s AUTOSTRATEGY technology selects the optimised write strategy for every DVD disc and, if necessary, creates a new write strategy for unknown media. (DVD+/-R)
- Media quality check : To ensure the best results with the drive, this function checks the quality of blank media
- Write strategy creation : Creates a new write strategy for blank media
- PlexEraser : A data destruction utility that makes a recorded CD-R or DVD disc unreadable for increased security
- SecureRecording : The SecureRecording function lets you write on a CD-R disc and protect the data with a password
- Silent mode : If the drive needs to be used in a quiet environment, the drive can be switched to silent mode
- SpeedRead : Enables reading CD-R media up to the maximum speed of the drive
- GigaRec : GigaRec enables you to change the recording capacity of a standard CD-R disc from 70 percent up to 130 percent of its standard capacity
- VariRec : By adjusting the laser power, you can record CD’s to improve the read compatibility
- Q-Check : a diagnostic suite to verify the quality of blank and recorded media
- PoweRec : Intelligent technology to improve the write quality during the write process
- PlexTools Professional : This software tool offers a complete suite of recording applications and supports your drive’s advanced quality check functions
- PlexTools Professional XL : Based on the basic software code of PlexTools Professional, PlexTools Professional XL offers more features and extra options
- Buffer Underrun Proof Technology : Prevents buffer underrun errors
16x DVD+R media
Also available from Plextor is its new 16x DVD+R media. In line with Plextor’s high quality and high reliability standards, the discs are manufactured for Plextor by Taiyo Yuden, one of the World’s leading and best known media companies. Plextor 16x DVD+R media is available in 25x and 50x spindle packs.
Prices and availability
The Plextor PX-608U and PX-755A will be available from December 2005 at Plextor’s network of dealers. The recommended retail prices will be:
* PX-608U: 165 € (excl. VAT & taxes)
* PX-755A: 90 € (excl. VAT & taxes)
They are covered by Plextor’s Fast Warranty Service (2-year warranty in the EU, Norway and Switzerland (Collect & Return); other countries 1-year carry-in.
A comprehensive range of full and trial software is included from: Plextor (PlexTools Professional & PlexTools Professional XL), Cyberlink, Nero, Pinnacle and Sonic.