(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
Glasgow, UK, March 7, 2006 – Crucial customers can now transfer
Technology Europe, one of the world’s leading online memory
upgrade providers, today introduces two Hi-Speed additions
to the popular Gizmo!(TM) USB flash drive line: the Gizmo!(TM)
overdrive and Gizmo!(TM) overdrive with security software.
The new Gizmo! overdrives feature 80X write speeds at up to 13
megabytes per second (MBps) and 160X read speeds at up to 25 MBps.
The new Gizmo! overdrives are housed in the original, slim Gizmo!
drive casing, but sport new colours and optional security software.
Features include the following:
Crucial(R) Gizmo!(TM) overdrive
- Write speeds up to 80X or 13 MBps
- Read speeds up to 160X or 25 MBps
- Glossy-white 66.6mm x 20.1mm x 9.5mm case
- Transfer-indicating green LED
- Available in 512MB, 1GB, and 2GB densities
- Currently priced from £31.71 (512MB) to £118.06 (2GB) or €46.99 to €173.89
Crucial(R) Gizmo!(TM) overdrive with security software
- Same performance as Gizmo! overdrive
- Security software for data encryption and password protection
- Jet-black 66.6mm x 20.1mm x 9.5mm case
- Currently priced from £34.06 (512MB) to £128.06(2GB) or €49.34 to €187.99
„We took the award-winning design of the current Crucial Gizmo! drive,
stepped up the performance, improved the look, and added a version
with security software,” said Crucial Technology Product Marketing
Manager Terry Groth. “You can move data to or from the new Gizmo!
overdrive at more than twice the speed of the current Gizmo! drive
and access data from the Gizmo! overdrive to your computer in about
a third of the time. This new combination of features allows you to
move and store your data quickly and safely, too – a must for today’s
demanding, on-the-go users. ”
The Gizmo! overdrive automatically appears as a removable drive when
plugged into the USB port of a desktop PC, Macintosh or notebook
and is compatible with Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 2000 and above,
Mac(R) OS 9.1 and above and Linux kernel 2.2.19. Security software
supports only Microsoft Windows 2000 and above. Each Gizmo! overdrive
is Hi-Speed USB 2.0-compliant and comes with a multilingual user
guide, limited lifetime warranty, free shipping within the UK on
qualifying orders and Crucial’s renowned customer service and free
technical support. A USB 2.0-compliant port is required for operation