(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
Brussels, October 2006 – Plextor today announces a new addition to their Premium range of DVD-ReWriter drives – the external PX-755UF, capable of 16x DVD+/-R and 10x DVD+R DL burning speeds.
The PX-755UF comes with a comprehensive package of high-end features to give the professional user full recording control.
Building on the success of the internal PX-755A-range of drives, the external PX-755UF is housed within a stylish matt black chassis – and offers the extra flexibility and convenience of dual connectivity: USB2.0 and IEEE 1394 FireWire.
The Plextor PX-755UF is designed for today’s PC, movie and audio enthusiasts. It matches the growing trend for black PC cases in the home/office and provides the ideal robust upgrade/expansion unit for discerning users.
It can burn can burn a single layer disc in about 6 minutes and double layer in about 14 minutes) , is capable of the following DVD speeds: DVD+/-R 16x write; DVD+R DL 10x; DVD-R DL 6x; DVD+RW 8x; DVD-RW 6x; DVD-ROM (16x).
Plextor has developed the Premium PX-755UF using the company’s proprietary advanced technology to meet the demands of the high-end marketplace. Aimed at enthusiast/professional users, the PX-755UF comes with the following features :
- AUTOSTRATEGY : For the best writing quality, the drive’s AUTOSTRATEGY technology selects the optimised write strategy for every DVD disc and, if necessary, creates a new write strategy for unknown media. (DVD+/-R)
- Media Quality Check : To ensure the best results with the drive, this function checks the quality of blank media
- Write Strategy Creation : Creates a new write strategy for blank media
- PlexEraser : A data destruction utility that makes a recorded CD-R or DVD disc unreadable for increased security
- SecureRecording : The SecureRecording function lets you write on a CD-R disc and protect the data with a password
- Silent Mode : If the drive needs to be used in a quiet environment, the drive can be switched to silent mode
- SpeedRead : Enables reading CD-R media up to the maximum speed of the drive
- GigaRec : GigaRec enables you to change the recording capacity of a standard CD-R disc from 70 percent up to 130 percent of its standard capacity
- VariRec : By adjusting the laser power, you can record CDs to improve the read compatibility
- Q-Check : a diagnostic suite to verify the quality of blank and recorded media
- PoweRec : Intelligent technology to improve the write quality during the write process
- PlexTools Professional : This software tool offers a complete suite of recording applications and supports your drive’s advanced quality check functions
- PlexTools Professional XL : Based on the basic software code of PlexTools Professional, PlexTools Professional XL offers more features and extra options
- Buffer Underrun Proof Technology : Prevents buffer underrun errors
The Plextor PX-755UF will be available from November 2006 at Plextor’s network of dealers.
It is covered by Plextor’s Fast Warranty Service (2-year warranty in the EU, Norway and Switzerland (Collect & Return); other countries 1-year carry-in).
A comprehensive range of full and trial software is included from: Plextor (PlexTools Professional & PlexTools Professional XL), Cyberlink, Nero and Sonic.