(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — July 28, 2009 – To meet the extreme productivity needs of today’s CAD, Digital Content Creation (DCC) and oil and gas professionals, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announces that the ATI FirePro™ V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator is joining the AMD line of ultra high-end professional graphics hardware.
- ATI FirePro™ V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator brings the highest number of shader engines (800) with the highest memory bandwidth (115.2 GB/s) in the entire 3D professional graphics offerings today1 which enables professionals to render incredibly complex models and photo-realistic images in real-time.
- The ultra parallel processing architecture of the ATI FirePro V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator maximizes throughput by automatically directing graphics horsepower where it’s needed. Intelligent management of computational resources enables enhanced utilization of the GPU to enable real-time rendering of complex models and scenes with high frame rates when animating. This acceleration is accessed through ATI Stream technology, a set of advanced hardware and software technologies that enable a system to dynamically balance workloads by tapping a both the CPU and a GPU in a workstation to enable accelerated application performance.
- With ATI FirePro V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator, applications that take advantage of the shader units and memory bandwidth perform significantly better than with competing solutions. For example, UG NX4 software from Siemens PLM performs up to 56 percent faster and Autodesk 3ds Max OGL runs 118 percent faster on ATI FirePro V8750 than the comparable competing solution.2
- Featuring 2GB of GDDR5 frame buffer memory, engineers and designers are free to focus on project work without concerns for memory limitations that have traditionally impacted professional applications.
- ATI FirePro V8750 3D workstation graphics accelerator offers thirty percent more bandwidth than the comparable competing solution1, and it’s equipped with the latest memory technology, GDDR5, for superior bandwidth and power consumption.
- Two DisplayPort outputs, one Dual Link enabled DVI output and one Stereo sync output provide versatility and advanced features needed for advanced monitors and a high resolution support. In addition, with native multi-card support, users can see more and do more using four displays by adding a second ATI FirePro 3D graphics accelerator in the same workstation.
- ATI FirePro 3D workstation graphics accelerators have more than 90 certifications from independent software vendors and have undergone extensive testing to provide industry standard reliability.
- Concurrent with this product launch, AMD is also announcing the availability of ATI CrossFire™ Pro technology which enables users to combine the power of two discrete graphics cards to scale their application performance for maximum productivity. This capability which simply involves coupling the two graphics cards using an interconnect cable, is designed to provide a significant performance boost to CAD and DCC applications such as UG NX, Ensight, Maya and Teamcenter. In addition to ATI FirePro V8750, ATI CrossFire™ Pro is planned for availability on the mid-range and above graphics cards including ATI FirePro™ V5700, ATI FirePro™ V7750, and ATI FirePro™ V87003D workstation graphics accelerators. Initial support is provided for Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit) with support for other operating systems scheduled to follow in the second half of 2009.
- The new ATI FirePro V87503D workstation graphics accelerator is available now at the MSRP of $1,799. ATI FirePro graphics accelerators are available from OEMs, system integrators and channel partners worldwide.