(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Oct. 20, 2009 –
- AMD today announced several new AMD Athlon™ II processors that offer outstanding performance and low power consumption, while enabling sleek desktop PC designs and attractive price points.
- In addition to the standard power processors, the full AMD Athlon II processor family now delivers high-performance, low-power dual-, triple- and quad-core processors to meet a range of computing needs. This variety and value enables OEMs and system builders to develop compelling PC solutions that address the market shift to power efficient, innovative PC designs optimized for Windows 7.1
- As PCs become increasingly affordable, many households are investing in second and third PCs to perform specific roles for individual family members. With the consumption of multimedia such as video and gaming – both online and offline – continuing to rise, AMD’s Mainstream Desktop Platforms enable a superior visual experience for consumers.
- AMD low power desktop solutions help leading OEMs such as Acer, Dell, HP and Lenovo design PCs with low energy consumption, reduced heat and noise, all in sleeker consumer devices.
- The AMD Athlon II processor family delivers a superior competitive value for mainstream consumers in productivity, HD video, slideshow, and 3D gaming tasks.
- The AMD Athlon™ II X2 240e processor performs up to 70 percent better in media and entertainment benchmarks and delivers a processor cost saving of over $40 when compared to the Intel Core 2 Duo E7400, and enables a range of unique All-in-One and small form factor chassis.
- With its additional cores, the AMD Athlon II X3 435 processor delivers processor cost savings of over $100 while providing up to 75 percent better media and entertainment performance when compared to the Intel Core 2 Duo E8500.