(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Dec. 10, 2009 – BioWare, a division of Electronic Arts Inc., re-invented the fantasy role-playing genre with its recent release of Dragon Age: Origins. With game patches issued days after the title’s debut, BioWare delivers full support for the visually striking AMD (NYSE: AMD) innovation, ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology. ATI Radeon graphics now gives Dragon Age: Origins players the ultimate visual experience as they see more of this vivid in-game world, and at higher resolution. 1
- BioWare issued patches on Nov. 6 and Nov. 17, 2009 to fully enable Dragon Age: Origins on ATI Eyefinity technology, ensuring that gamers have access to ultra-widescreen resolutions for the ultimate visual experience.
- Experience even more of the fantasy world of Ferelden in Dragon Age: Origins by viewing it with an ultra-wide, three display configuration using ATI Eyefinity technology, allowing for a maximum resolution of 7680 x 1600.
- ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology allows seamless enablement of the biggest game environments available today. Gamers can arrange one to three displays using the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970, ATI Radeon™ HD 5870, ATI Radeon™ HD 5850, ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 or ATI Radeon™ HD 5750 graphics cards.2
“BioWare has made ATI Eyefinity compatibility a priority, and it speaks strongly to their belief in what ATI Eyefinity technology brings to the gaming experience,” said Neal Robison, director, ISV Relationship Management at AMD. “BioWare is known for creating rich, immersive gaming experiences, and it is clear that they appreciate how ATI Eyefinity technology found on the latest ATI Radeon cards, can help further enrich the experience for gamers.”
“We’re really excited to take advantage of AMD’s new ATI Eyefinity multi-screen configuration technology,” said Mark Darrah, executive producer, BioWare. “Dragon Age: Origins is an incredibly immersive game and it’s quite impressive to experience the Dragon Age universe on this impressive technology from AMD.”
1. As of November 19, 2009, AMD graphics cards that support ATI Eyefinity technology include ATI Radeon™ HD 5970, ATI Radeon™ HD 5870, ATI Radeon™ HD 5850, ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 and ATI Radeon™ HD 5750 graphics cards. Resolution may be limited by monitor specifications
2. To enable a third display using ATI Eyefinity technology requires one panel with a DisplayPort connector.
Video: Watch Dragon Age: Origins in action on an ATI Eyefinity setup
Contest: Enter the third and final contest of AMD’s 40th anniversary celebration for a chance to win a Nintendo Wii or Microsoft Xbox 360 here.