(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Jan. 25, 2010 – What: AMD (NYSE:AMD) today expanded its AMD Phenom™ II and AMD Athlon™ II processor families for desktop with several new processors designed to give mainstream consumers advanced performance capabilities from their desktop PCs at increasingly attractive price points. As desktop PCs continue trending toward smaller form factors, AMD remains committed to maximizing the user experience by bringing platform technology integration, efficiency and performance benefits to consumers. Examples of the new processor offerings from AMD include:
- The new AMD Phenom™ II X2 555 Black Edition processor, AMD’s fastest dual-core desktop processor to date at 3.2 GHz, is an ideal choice for the budget-conscious consumer’s Microsoft® Windows® 7 system platform at an affordable $99 Suggested System Builder Price (SSBP).1
- The new AMD Athlon™ II X4 635 processor is designed to provide exceptional quad-core performance to handle the demands of multitasking and multi-threaded applications.
Why: Continuing its commitment to providing high performance at affordable prices, AMD meets the computing needs of mainstream consumers with these new processors – from gamers to social media devotees. This variety and value enables OEMs and system builders to develop compelling PC solutions optimized for Windows 7.
Who: The new additions to the AMD Phenom™ II and AMD Athlon™ II processor lines are great choices for consumers interested in HD entertainment,2 casual gaming, digital file editing and social-media networking.
Benefits: When combined with the latest generation of ATI Radeon™ 5800 Series graphics cards and AMD 7-series chipsets, these new AMD Phenom II and AMD Athlon II processors can provide consumers with optimal user experience and capabilities such as:
- Brilliant HD entertainment experience2
- Support for DirectX® 11 gaming feature
- Exceptional energy efficiency with dynamic power management
- Socket AM3 compatibility for flexibility and compatibility with motherboards based on the upcoming AMD 800-series chipset
- Advanced multitasking performance
- Optimized for Windows 71 and the latest sleek desktop designs