(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
Taipei, Taiwan, November 15, 2012 – QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced new Turbo NAS V3.8 firmware; which incorporates sought-after improvements to Turbo NAS multimedia applications and new business features. New features of Turbo NAS V3.8 firmware include support for Windows® 8, improvements in Turbo NAS multimedia capabilities, the addition of Surveillance Station Pro, and proxy client for flexible yet secure Internet access in business environments.
Firmware V3.8 supports the newest Microsoft® Windows 8 operating system, allowing Windows 8 users to enjoy their Turbo NAS experiences which are optimized for Windows 8.
“QNAP is pleased to announce compatibility of our award-winning Turbo NAS lineup with the global launch of Windows 8,” said Jason Hsu, product manager of QNAP. “Our customers will be delighted to know that their Turbo NAS experience has been optimized for Windows 8.”
New functionalities and improvements for several multimedia applications are also included in firmware V3.8. Users will enjoy more entertainment options from Photo Station, Music Station 3, Video Station, Download Station 3, and DJ Station. “We added more options and capabilities for home entertainment using the Turbo NAS, and made it a wonderful multimedia device to share memories, enjoy video content with family and friends,” added Hsu.
Surveillance Station Pro, the upgraded version of Surveillance Station, is available in the QPKG Center for all Turbo NAS models with firmware V3.8. It supports over 1,400 IP camera models, flexible camera access control, expandable channel license, multi-server monitoring, 5 alarm events and 7 event actions, intelligent video analytics, E-map, VMobile app for iOS® and Android™, and QNAP Surveillance Client for Mac.
Firmware V3.8 provides proxy client support, enabling business users to easily access Internet resources in a network utilizing a proxy server. “With proxy client support, users in the strict business network environment will be able to access the Internet, conduct Turbo NAS firmware live update, virus definition updates, and online installation of QPKG add-on apps in QPKG Center more easily,” added Hsu.
New & enhanced features of the V3.8 firmware include:
- Windows 8 support: supports Internet Explorer 10, SMB/CIFS and FTP protocols, iSCSI target creation, and many of the Turbo NAS utilities such as Qfinder, NetBak Replicator and QGet;
- Photo Station: adds multi-photo management function to efficiently manage bunches of photos;
- Music Station 3: provides music library to easily play terabytes of songs and thousands of Internet radio stations;
- Video Station: provides a platform to build a personal video website;
- Download Station 3: a 24/7 download center with ease-of-use, download bandwidth control, and the supportive QGet utility;
- DJ Station: a platform to channel personal music playlist through Facebook;
- Surveillance Station Pro: supports over 1,400 IP camera models, flexible camera access control, expandable channel license, multi-server monitoring, 5 alarm events and 7 event actions, intelligent video analytics, E-map, VMobile app for iOS® & Android™, and QNAP Surveillance Client for Mac; One free IP camera license is available by default in Surveillance Station Pro; users can purchase additional licenses via online store or from QNAP resellers;
- Web system setup: conveniently initializes the Turbo NAS via instructions on web setup portal without using an installation CD;
- New application portal: a redesigned start page providing single sign-on for instant access to all authorized applications.
- Proxy client: enables Internet access in the network behind a proxy server to perform firmware live update, virus definition update, and QPKG Center add-on installation;
The new Turbo NAS V3.8 firmware will be available at www.qnap.com for the following Turbo NAS models:
TS-1679U-RP, TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1079 Pro, TS-879U-RP, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879 Pro, TS-869L, TS-869U-RP, TS-869 Pro, TS-859U-RP+, TS-859U-RP, TS-859 Pro+, TS-669L, TS-669 Pro, TS-569L,TS-569 Pro, TS-559 Pro +, TS-559 Pro II, TS-469U-SP, TS-469L, TS-469U-RP, TS-469 Pro , TS-269L, TS-269 Pro, TS-459U-RP+/SP+, TS-459U-RP/SP, TS-459 Pro+, TS-459 Pro II, TS-259 Pro+, TS-439 Pro II+, TS-439 Pro II, TS-239 Pro II, TS-809 Pro, TS-509 Pro, TS-809U-RP, TS-419U+, TS-419U II, TS-419U, TS-419P II, TS-419P+, TS-419P, TS-412U, TS-412, TS-410U, TS-410, TS-259 Pro+, TS-239Pro II+, TS-219P II, TS-219P+, TS-219P, TS-219, TS-212, TS-210, TS-119P II, TS-119P+, TS-119P, TS-119, TS-112, TS-110, SS-839 Pro, SS-439 Pro