(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
2013 International CES Las Vegas – January 7, 2013 – Kingston Digital Europe Ltd, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the DataTraveler® HyperX® Predator 3.0 USB Flash drive. DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 is the world’s largest-capacity USB 3.0 Flash drive as it will be available in a 1TB capacity later in Q1. It is shipping now in 512GB capacity. DT HyperX Predator 3.0 is the fastest USB 3.0 Flash drive in the Kingston® family, with speeds of up to 240MB/s read and 160MB/s write. It has also achieved SuperSpeed USB 3.0 certification.
“Our new DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 allows users to store their entire digital world on a portable USB 3.0 Flash drive,” said Ann Keefe, Regional Director UK and Ireland, Kingston. “The large capacity and fast USB 3.0 transfer speeds allow users to save time as they can access, edit and transfer applications or files such as HD movies directly from the drive without any performance lag.”
DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 is compliant with next-generation USB 3.0 specifications and is optimized for newer PCs with USB 3.0 ports. Users who work with large video or graphics files, or gamers who like to travel with their entire library will appreciate the drive’s speed and capacity. The casing is made of zinc alloy metal for superior quality, shock resistance and high-end design. DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 ships with a custom Kingston key ring and a HyperX valet keychain. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 for efficient data transfer rates.
DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0 USB Flash drive is part of the HyperX Predator family, which represents the highest-performance products offered from Kingston HyperX. The drive is backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com/en.
Kingston is celebrating 25 years in the memory industry. The company was founded on October 17, 1987, and has grown to become the largest third-party memory manufacturer in the world. The 25th anniversary video can be found here, along with more information, including a timeline of Kingston’s history. In addition, HyperX memory is celebrating its 10th anniversary. The first HyperX high-performance memory module was released in November 2002.
Kingston HyperX Predator 3.0 Features and Specifications:
- Highest capacities: uncompromised data storage to carry your digital world on a portable USB drive
- Highest performance: unparalleled speeds to save time while transferring content rich data
- Zinc alloy metal casing: resilient protection for data in a cutting-edge design
- HyperX valet keychain: exclusive accessory for a stylish twist to portable storage
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty and free technical support for added peace of mind
- Speed1 USB 3.0: 240MB/s read and 160MB/s write
USB 2.0: 30MB/s read and 30MB/s write
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Capacities2: 512GB, 1TB (later Q1)
- Dimensions: without key ring: 2.8346″ x 1.0606″ x 0.8268″ (72mm x 26.94mm x 21mm)
with key ring: 3.4854″ x 1.0606″ x 0.8268″ (88.53mm x 26.94mm x 21mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- USB 3.03: latest USB standard guarantees backwards compatibility with USB 2.0