(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
May 30, 2017 — Creating rich, immersive experiences and bringing them to life takes a lot of compute power. Creators, gamers and enthusiasts have an insatiable demand for more power, more performance and more capability that lets them focus on what they want to do, not on whether their computer is up to the task. Intel is committed to continue giving them that extreme platform.
Introducing the new Intel® Core™ X-series processor family: Intel’s most scalable, accessible and powerful desktop platform ever. Ranging from 4 to 18 cores, it offers unprecedented scalability. With price points to match, there is an Intel® Core™ X-series processor that is sure to meet the needs for the widest range of enthusiast customers ever.
We’re also introducing the entirely new Intel® Core™ i9 processor brand, representing the highest performance for advanced gaming, VR and content creation. At the top of the lineup is the new Intel® Core™ i9 Extreme Edition processor – the first consumer desktop CPU with 18 cores and 36 threads of power.
Select SKUs of the Intel® Core™ X-series processor family brings extreme performance to enthusiasts with Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 creating new levels of single-threaded and dual-threaded performance. The Intel® Core™ X-series processor family also delivers the first teraflop desktop CPU from Intel. And install Intel® Optane™ memory, a smart system accelerator to improve system responsiveness with large storage drives. Intel® Core™ X-series processors use more cores and more threads to do more simultaneous workloads, like extreme mega-tasking. For our enthusiasts, we have new overclocking features including AVX 512 ratio offset, memory controller trim voltage control, and PEG/DMI overclocking to get more performance than ever before.
Extreme Performance for Single-Thread and Multithread Computing
- Up to 10 percent faster multithread performance1 over previous generation
- Up to 15 percent faster single-thread performance2 over previous generation
- Massive 36-thread performance and quad-channel memory for content creation and extreme mega-tasking
- Up to 44 lanes of PCIe 3.0 directly connected to the CPU, to expand your system with fast SSDs, multiple discrete graphics cards and ultrafast Thunderbolt™ 3 technology
- New! Intel® Core™ i9 Extreme Edition processor featuring 18 cores and 36 threads
- New! Intel’s most scalable high-end desktop platform ever with 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, and 4core options
- New! Intel® X299 chipset with improved I/O capabilities
- New! LGA 2066 socket for Intel® Core™ X-series processor family New! Additional system performance and amazing responsiveness with Intel® Optane™ memory support
- Improved Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 (select SKUs) for single- and multithreaded performance
- Up to 44 lanes of PCIe 3.0 directly connected to the CPU
- Up to 4 channel DDR4-2666 memory support, support for the Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) specification, revision 2.0 for DDR4
- Fully unlocked for performance tuning
- Rebalanced smart cache hierarchy
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
Systems and boxed processors are available at launch via online retail and through channel partners in all geographies.
Scalability with 10, 8, 6, and 4 cores (18, 16, 14, and 12 cores coming soon!)
Intel® X299 Chipset: Unprecedented System Performance and Scalability
Intel is also introducing the new Intel® X299 chipset with improved I/O capabilities, providing the ultimate in flexibility – supporting 30 total high-speed I/O lanes, up to three Intel® Rapid Storage Technology PCIe 3.0 x4 storage support, and support for Intel® Ethernet Connection I219 (Jacksonville LAN PHY). The X299 also provides the ultimate in scalability with the new LGA 2066 socket – compatible with all new Intel® Core™ X-series processors (4C–18C). For increased system responsiveness, the Intel X299 chipset is Intel® Optane™ memory ready and provides faster throughput times with DMI 3.0.
Intel® X299 Chipset Specifications: