(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
Taipei – March 7, 2005 – Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) today announced the integration of the SiS741CX chipset on the new AMD Geode™ NX DB1500 development board, a next-generation embedded platform solution from AMD (NYSE:AMD).
Targeting the high-end application development market, the combination of the SiS741CX chipset and AMD Geode NX processor family on the AMD Geode NX DB1500 development board provides application developers with an x86 architecture-based design platform for a wide variety of embedded products. Target applications include set-top boxes, thin-client and industrial PCs.
The development of the hardware architecture has been completed, and supported software includes Microsoft® WinCE 5.0, Linux2.6 and Microsoft Windows® XP Embedded operating systems. Samples of the SiS741CX chipset on the AMD Geode NX DB1500 development board have been supplied to customers for testing. The combination of the SiS741CX chipset and the AMD Geode NX processor provides a high-end embedded solution platform that provides compelling features in both specifications and performance.
”AMD worked closely with SiS to create the AMD Geode NX DB1500 development platform to help our customers speed product design processes and cut time to market,” said Erik Salo, director of marketing, Personal Connectivity Solutions Group, AMD. “We are providing a high-performance, low-power platform in a compact, fanless design that will enable developers to spend more time on innovation than core development tasks.”
„The collaboration with AMD has produced the ‚ultimate choice‘ for embedded platforms with the SiS741CX chipset and the AMD Geode NX processor family,“ said Daniel Chen, the CEO and president of SiS. “We will continue to work together in developing the technologies of embedded systems. AMD’s choice of SiS as a technology partner helps affirm the quality, stability and efficiency of AMD’s embedded platforms.“
The AMD Geode NX DB1500 development board with the SIS 741CX chipset has the following specifications:
- Mini-ITX form factor:
- Small design suitable for embedded systems markets and a variety of applications.
- Low power consumption:
- The overall product design allows for fanless operation, providing competitive advantages for high-end embedded systems markets.
- High Performance:
- Provides top performance in addition to its low power consumption.
- Superior core graphics engine:
- SiS has many years of experience in graphics processor design, and the SiS741CX chipset provides industry-leading performance in both 2D and 3D graphics processing.
The SiS741CX chipset can be combined with three different AMD Geode NX processors, including the AMD Geode™ NX 1250@6W processor*, AMD Geode™ NX 1500@6W processor** and AMD Geode™ NX 1750@14W processor***, enabling development of a wider variety of products for different market segments.
The SiS741CX chipset supports the AMD Geode NX processor family, DDR266 front side bus, as well as high-speed DDR333 DRAM. Furthermore, the SiS741CX chipset incorporates SiS’s revolutionary HyperStreaming™ Technology, which provides multiple divided pipelines for data, allows data to be sent concurrently, and separates data for easier memory retrieval, resulting in a remarkable reduction in latency versus traditional chipsets. SiS964 / SiS963L will be coupled with SiS741CX as the south bridge chipset, which integrates with Serial ATA high-speed transfer interface. The SiS964 / SiS963L supports Dual-Channel parallel ATA, 8 built-in USB2.0 ports, full 5.1 channel surround sound, V.90 modem and Ethernet network.
Feature list of SiS741CX/964 and AMD Geode™ NX processor family:
Specifications of the AMD Geode™ NX DB1500 development board with the SIS741CX/964 chipset:
* The AMD Geode NX 1250@6W processor operates at 667MHz and is supported by the AMD Geode NX DB1500 development board. **The Geode NX 1500@6W processor operates at 1GHz and is supported by the AMD Geode NX DB1500. ***The Geode NX 1750@14W processor operates at 1.4 GHz and is supported by the AMD Geode NX DB1500. Model numbers reflect performance as described here.