(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
EINDHOVEN — March 9, 2006 – The Point of View® GeForce 7900 GT is designed for extreme HD gaming at resolutions such as 1920×1200. Featuring full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 and high dynamic-range (HDR) rendering, the Point of View® GeForce 7900 GT delivers ultra-realistic gaming experiences and unparalleled image quality. GeForce 7900 GPUs feature a 256-bit memory interface and fast GDDR3 memory enabling blazing graphics performance with the quality set to max so you don’t have to choose between frame rates and image quality.
When you aren’t gaming, you can enjoy high-definition, home-theater quality video and DVD playback through NVIDIA® PureVideo™ technology. Featuring high-definition H.264, MPEG-2, and WMV hardware acceleration, NVIDIA PureVideo lets you smoothly playback these formats with minimal CPU usage so the PC is free to do other work. Best of all, PureVideo’s programmable technology adapts to new video encoding formats as they are developed to provide a future-proof video solution.
The Point of View® GeForce 7900 GT features are:
- A breath taking Memory clock speed of 1320 MHz!
- A core super clock speed of 450 MHz!
- 24 pixel pipeline and 8 vertex pipelines Super Scalar Design
- 256 MB of 1.4 ns 256 bit Samsung GDDR3 Memory
- NVIDIA® SLi™ ready (NVIDIA SLi certified versions only)
- Full Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 support
- Dual dual-link DVI supports up to two 2560 x 1600 resolution displays
- True High Dynamic-range (HDR) Lighting Support
- NVIDIA® CineFX® 4.0 engine
- NVIDIA® Intellisample™ 4.0 technology
- NVIDIA® ForceWare® Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
- NVIDIA® nView® multi-display technology
- OpenGL® 2.0 support
- Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™
The Point of View GeForce 7900 GT is widely available from March 9th.