(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
Brea, California and Munich, Germany – November 8, 2006 – EVGA Corporation, one of the leading-edge 3D processor and motherboard manufacturers, today launches a ground-breaking new product to its premier product family, the powerful new e-GeForce 8 Series. The EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTX and 8800 GTS featuring NVIDIA® unified architecture revolutionizes PC graphics performance through unprecedented processing power and efficiency.
All e-GeForce 8800 GTX and 8800 GTS cards will be hard bundled with Dark Messiah: Might and Magic when it is released and will be available November 8, 2006 through EVGA’s network of leading E-tailers, retailers, systems integrators, OEM system manufacturers and distributors. The e-GeForce 8800 GTX will be priced at $599.99 to $649.99 , and the e-GeForce 8800 GTS at $449.99 to $499.99.
The industry’s first DirectX® 10 compatible GPU’s, deliver an unparalleled level of graphics realism and film-quality effects with NVIDIA® unified architecture with full Shader Model 4.0 compliance and completely optimized for current DirectX 9 and next generation DirectX 10 games and applications. The NVIDIA® SLI™-Ready GeForce® 8800 GTX and 8800 GTS graphics processing units (GPUs) re-define reality in computer graphics with up to a 384-bit memory interface and fast GDDR3 memory combined with up to 128 stream processors provide the fastest and most balanced GPU on the market today.
New and Key features Introduced on the GeForce 8 GPU’s include:
- NVIDIA® unified architecture: dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics, or pixel shading operations.
- Unified stream processors: efficiently processes geometry shader programs, while reducing dependence on the CPU for geometry processing.
- World’s first DirectX 10 GPU
- Shader Model (SM) 4.0 support: enables more complex operations on the GPU, reducing the load and CPU cycles, cycles that can be applied to game AI complexity.
- Stream out: Allows programmers to add more detail without having to re-render the entire pipeline.
- Geometry Shaders: Permits geometry creation and tessellation: smoothes curved surfaces and enables more lifelike character animation, including realistic facial expressions and hair.
- NVIDIA Lumenex™ engine delivers incredible quality, floating point accuracy and fast frame rates
- NVIDIA Quantum Effects™ technology enabling a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU
- NVIDIA PureVideo™ technology delivering the ultimate home theater experience on a PC
- NVIDIA GigaThread™ technology maximizing GPU utilization.