(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
LAS VEGAS, Nev. —1/4/2011 – AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced its next generation mobile graphics technology, the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M series, delivering AMD’s highest performing notebook graphics for those who want to experience games, entertainment, and productivity on the go. Harnessing AMD’s second-generation of Microsoft DirectX® 11-capable mobile graphics architecture, the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M series provides users with:
- Models offering up to 1.3 teraFLOPS of compute power for an unrivaled gaming experience on up to six displays using AMD Eyefinity technology. (1)
- AMD HD3D technology for the ultimate in stereo 3D entertainment. (2)
- AMD EyeSpeed technology for improved video and application performance. (3)
Notebooks featuring the new graphics technology are previewed at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in the Wired: Make a Scene booth, located in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“One year ago AMD claimed the title of undisputed technology leader in mobile graphics performance and since then we continue to pave the way for mobile computing innovation,” said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, GPU Division, AMD. “With the introduction of the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M series, AMD’s best just got better by cementing its leadership in notebook graphics. Through our feature-rich line of top-to-bottom next-generation notebook graphics, including AMD’s fastest performing notebook graphics processor, we’re enabling a superior visual computing experience in virtually every segment.”
AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M series graphics represent powerful support for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) with existing and upcoming 2011 AMD Mainstream notebook platforms planned to feature true “Eye-Definition” Gaming with DirectX 11 support and AMD Eyefinity technology, plus amazing AMD HD3D Technology—all designed to accelerate mobile performance.
- AMD @ 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show:
- Product Page: Second-generation DirectX 11-capable family of AMD Radeon HD 6000M graphics
- Video: Features and Benefits of AMD Radeon HD 6000M Series
- Blog: AMD graphics blog by Casey Gotcher
- Twitter: Follow AMD graphics news on Twitter at @AMDGraphics
- (1) AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for spanning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or DisplayPort™ compliant active adapters to convert your monitor‘s native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required. AMD Eyefinity technology can support up to 6 displays using a single enabled AMD Radeon™ GPU with Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 operating systems – the number of displays may vary by system design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. SLS (―Single Large Surface‖) functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.
- (2) AMD HD3D is a technology designed to enable stereoscopic 3D support in games, movies and/or photos. Additional hardware (e.g. 3D enabled panels, 3D-enabled glasses/emitter, Blu-ray 3D drive) and/or software (e.g. Blu-ray 3D discs, 3D middleware, games) are required for the enablement of stereoscopic 3D. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems – check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies. 4. Requires application support for AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology. AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing technology works with applications designed to take advantage of its GPU acceleration capabilities.
- (3) AMD EyeSpeed technology is a set of technologies available on AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M series and higher GPUs and is designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology and/or AMD‘s Universal Video Decoder (UVD). AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing technology works with applications designed to take advantage of its GPU acceleration capabilities.