(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
SANTA CLARA, Calif. May 12, 2011 – NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) today reported revenue of $962.0 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2012 ended May 1, 2011, up 8.5 percent from the prior quarter, and down 4.0 percent from $1.0 billion from the same period a year earlier.
On a GAAP basis, the company recorded net income of $135.2 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2012. That compares with net income of $171.7 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, in the previous quarter, which included a $57.0 million credit to operating expenses related to the legal settlement in connection with a new Intel licensing agreement. In the same period a year earlier, the company had net income of $137.6 million, or $0.23 per diluted share.
On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $165.7 million, or $0.27 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2012. That compares with non-GAAP net income of $142.4 million, or $0.24 per diluted share, in the prior quarter, and $169.0 million, $0.29 per diluted share, in the same period a year earlier.
GAAP gross margin was 50.4 percent, a third consecutive record, compared with 48.1 percent in the previous quarter and 45.6 percent in the same period a year earlier. Non-GAAP gross margin was 50.6 percent, compared with 48.3 percent in the prior quarter and 45.7 percent in the same period a year earlier.
„Our core GPU businesses are solid, with expanding revenues and margins. And this quarter, our Tegra mobile business took off,² said Jen-Hsun Huang, NVIDIA president and chief executive officer. „With the Tegra super chip and the Icera wireless communication processor, we will offer our customers the two most important processors of the mobile computing revolution. We look forward to completing the Icera acquisition shortly.²
Excluding the Icera acquisition, the outlook for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 is as follows:
- Revenue is expected to be up 4 to 6 percent from the first quarter.
- GAAP gross margin is expected to be 50.5 to 51.5 percent.
- GAAP operating expenses are expected to be between $332 and $336 million.
- GAAP tax rate is expected to be 14 to 16 percent.
First Quarter Fiscal 2012 and Recent Highlights:
- NVIDIA agreed to acquire Icera, a leading innovator of 3G and 4G baseband processors for tablets and cell phones.
- NVIDIA launched the GeForce® GTX 590, the world¹s fastest graphics card.
- NVIDIA launched the GeForce GTX 550 Ti, the best entry-level gaming GPU for next generation Intel systems.
- NVIDIA and its partners launched the market¹s first Android super phones and tablets. Among them are the Motorola Atrix 4G and LG Optimus 2X superphones; as well as tablets like the Acer ICONIA Tab A500, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Dell Streak, LG Optimus Pad and G-Slate, and Motorola Xoom. In addition, Samsung and Sony announced that their Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Sony S1 and S2 projects, respectively, will be using Tegra 2.