(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
SIGGRAPH 2012 — LOS ANGELES — Aug. 7, 2012 – NVIDIA officially announced today a new line of Quadro® professional graphics solutions for the latest leading mobile workstations. Designed for engineers, industrial designers, animators, and film & video editors that need to take their work with them, these new Quadro graphics processing units (GPUs) feature Kepler, the fastest, most efficient GPU architecture. Kepler delivers impressive performance gains over previous generations with the same power budget as the previous generation Quadro mobile graphics solutions.
The latest NVIDIA Quadro mobile GPUs are the most powerful ever offered. With at least double the number of NVIDIA CUDA® cores of previous generations, new Quadro mobile GPUs provide incredibly fast performance across a broad range of design, animation, and video applications.
The new mobile lineup includes the NVIDIA Quadro K5000M, Quadro K4000M, Quadro K3000M, Quadro K2000M, Quadro K1000M, and Quadro K500M. These GPUs incorporate a number of key features, including:
- Large frame buffers and GPU memories – Offering up to 4GB, with ultra-fast bandwidth for fast, smooth displaying of complex models and scenes, as well as computation of large datasets.
- Stunning image quality – Incredible anti-aliasing enhancements with a new post process called FXAA eliminates jaggies and delivers crisp edges in a scene with essentially zero impact to interactivity – a huge benefit for CAD designers, stylists and animators.
- DisplayPort 1.2 functionality – Achieves the highest resolution possible in a single digital connector. As workflows get more complex, designers and creative professionals need to maximize their productivity by utilizing all the available desktop space – these new NVIDIA Quadro mobile GPUs support a seamless multi-monitor workspace and enable professionals to see more and do more, including:
- Never before possible resolutions: up to 4K x 2K resolution (3840×2160 @ 60Hz)
- Never before possible refresh rates: to support Stereoscopic displays: 120Hz @ 2560×1600
- Full audio support
- Multi-stream support –enable multiple display streams over a single connector channel
- Bindless Textures – Dramatically increases the number of unique textures available to shaders at run-time enabling vastly more different materials and richer texture detail in scenes.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision® Pro compatibility
- NVIDIA Optimus™ advanced hardware power-management technology for longer battery life and improved performance
ISV Certifications and Support
Leading software vendors certify and support NVIDIA Quadro-powered mobile workstations, including Adobe, ANSYS, Autodesk, and Dassault Systèmes.
Availability and Pricing
The world’s leading mobile workstation manufacturers, including HP, Dell, Lenovo, and Fujitsu, have relied on NVIDIA GPUs for over a decade, and have already integrated these new Quadro mobile GPUs into their newest mobile workstations:
- New NVIDIA Quadro Kepler-powered HP EliteBook Mobile Workstations include the HP EliteBook 8570w and 8770w, and are available now.
- New NVIDIA Quadro Kepler-powered Dell Precision Mobile Workstations include the Dell Precision M6700, M6700 Covet and M4700, and are available now.
- The new Lenovo W530 ThinkPad mobile workstation is now available and features either the new NVIDIA Quadro K1000M or Quadro K2000M.
- New Fujitsu CELSIUS H920 and H720 mobile workstations with new NVIDIA Quadro Kepler mobile pro graphics are available now in EMEA, India and Japan.