(Auszug aus der Pressemitteilung)
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — April 27, 2011 – AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the addition of the AMD Radeon™ HD 6670, HD 6570 and HD 6450 graphics cards to the channel, completing the roll-out of the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 family of graphics cards. Priced at less than USD $100 MSRP and consuming less than 75 watts of power, these cards offer budget-conscious gamers and digital lifestyle enthusiasts powerful yet very affordable solutions that are ideal for HD gameplay, video playback and productivity applications.
“The proliferation of HD and 3D content places even greater emphasis on the quality of the visual experience, and AMD Radeon graphics cards enable industry leading image quality,” said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Graphics Division. “With the newest additions to the AMD Radeon HD 6000 graphics family, we’re providing customers with a number of compelling products priced below $100 that enable exceptional image quality and game performance while remaining incredibly energy efficient and easy to install.”
- Multi-screen gaming and productivity – Experience immersive gaming and greater productivity with AMD Eyefinity technology, turning three or more monitors into a single large surface.1
- Stereo 3D Support – Watch the latest in Blu-ray™ 3D movies and enhance gameplay with AMD HD3D technology.2
- Application acceleration – AMD App Acceleration speeds up rendering time for faster browser page loads, improves special effects and stutter-free video playback. In fact, more than 50 applications now take advantage of AMD App Acceleration, including DivX, Internet Explorer 9 as well as the newest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.3
The AMD Radeon HD 6450, HD 6570 and HD 6670 graphics cards will be available for purchase through system builders and at major online retailers, including Amazon, CyberPower, iBuyPower, Newegg, NCIX, and TigerDirect.
“We’re excited to now offer the AMD Radeon HD 6450, HD 6570 and HD 6670 graphics cards to our customers looking for the ultimate mix of performance, power and price,” said Bernard Luthi, vice president of Marketing, Web Management and Customer Service, Newegg.com. “Whether consumers are looking for an immersive stereo 3D gaming solution or an energy-efficient graphics card at a great price, they’ll enjoy an amazing visual experience with the new mainstream AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series graphics cards.”
- AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for spanning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or DisplayPort™ compliant active adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required. AMD Eyefinity technology can support up to 6 displays using a single enabled AMD Radeon™ GPU with Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 operating systems – the number of displays may vary by system design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. SLS (“Single Large Surface”) functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.
- AMD HD3D is a technology designed to enable stereoscopic 3D support in games, movies and/or photos. Additional hardware (e.g. 3D enabled panels, 3D-enabled glasses/emitter, Blu-ray 3D drive) and/or software (e.g. Blu-ray 3D discs, 3D middleware, games) are required for the enablement of stereoscopic 3D. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems – check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies.
- AMD App Acceleration is a set of technologies designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for OpenCL™ or DirectCompute (including AMD’s Universal Video Decoder (UVD)). Not all products have all features and full enablement of some capabilities and may require complementary products.